If you’re trying to do Queenstown on a budget, these cheap 3-star hotels are just what you need.
We’re not all rich, but don’t worry, you can do Queenstown on the cheap. We’ll sort of. Let’s face it, it’s never going to be the cheapest holiday. Still, with these fabulous cheap hotels, your budget will go a lot further, so you can stay longer and do more while you’re in Queenstown.
- Cardrona HotelLike something straight out of a beer commercial, this postcard-perfect historic pub hotel is an icon of the Queenstown region. As much a pub and restaurant as it is accommodation, the food and atmosphere in the bar are excellent. And the accommodations pretty decent for a 3-star country hotel too. So don’t just stop to take a photo of this iconic Hotel. Stay a night or two and experience its charms.
- New Orleans HotelNew Orleans Hotel is a genuine country pub hotel. Built in 1866 it got the kind of history you can only earn. Don’t worry they gave the place a bit of a spruce up in 2019 so the rooms don’t look like they are for gold miners anymore. The food and the pub are great by any measure. The hotel is a great price.
- Shotover LodgeShotover Lodge is really cheap (for Queenstown) and not at all unpleasant. Located in Arthurs Point just over the road from Nugget Point this 3-star hotel is popular with younger folks on a tight budget. It’s a 10 minute drive to the center of Queenstown. And it’s on the way to Coronet Peak so perfect for a ski holiday.
- Wyndham Garden QueenstownWyndham Garden Queenstown was new in 2018 so it’s still in reasonable condition. It basically exists to provide small cheap rooms near the airport. If that’s what you want it’s great. If you’re a tourist wanting the Queenstown experience then spend a little more and stay closer to town. It has some great views of the Remarkables from some rooms.
- Reavers LodgeReavers Lodge is the perfect spot for groups of friends on a ski or mountain bike trip. It’s a rack em and stack em type of place where most of the rooms have bunks. It’s really a hard core snowboarders haunt. It’s not close to the centre of town, but it’s great for a long stay on a low budget. They have their own ski and board rental which is super handy. This is some of the most affordable accommodation in Queenstown.
- Swiss-Belresort Coronet PeakPerfect for young snowboarders or skiers looking to have fun. It’s cheap and basic. It has everything you need for a ski trip – a bed, a basic small bathroom, and a bar. They also got a bowling alley and it’s without a doubt the best hotel bowling alley in all of Queenstown. This really close to Coronet Peak, so great if you want to make first tracks in the morning. But no so good if you want to pop into town. It’s also great for mountain bikers in summer.
- Heartland Hotel QueenstownHeartland Hotel Queenstown is a well located, reasonably priced 3 star hotel. It’s a bit of a hike up the hill from town, but not to far and most people will be fine walking here from town. It’s also a great advertisement for good photography as the rooms look better online than in person, however it’s a budget hotel in a very expensive town and it’s well located so if you want something nice spend more.
We really think we’ve found the most affordable accommodation in Queenstown, so you can have the time of your life.