Find a hotel right in the centre of Queenstown.
When you are on holiday, commuting around can suck up a lot of your money, but more importantly, it also steals your time. You can avoid this by staying in one of these hotels right in the middle of Queenstown CBD. Many have beautiful views of the lakes and mountains while being within easy walking distance of everything you want to do in town.
- Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown LakeviewCopthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview is an older 4-star hotel in Queenstown near the CBD. It’s a 15 minute walk to Fergburger. The views from this romantic Hotel are simply stunning. Both from the restaurant and from the lakeview rooms. Stay here if you’re looking for a 5 star view on a 4 star budget.
- Mi-pad QueenstownMi-pad Smart hotel is indeed smart; it makes the most of its small footprint and location. You could say it’s the perfect hotel for couples on a budget. It’s nicely furnished with some great shared spaces, like the fantastic rooftop terrace with stunning views, the dining area, and the lounge. Of course, this isn’t the place for your wedding night, but it’s well priced and is suitable for a romantic couples getaway, especially for younger couples who can’t afford Blanket Bay or even the Hilton.
- The Dairy Private Hotel by Naumi HotelsThe Dairy Private Hotel by Naumi is quirky, like a cross between an opium den, an old fashioned brothel, and a hotel. I mean that in the nicest possible way. You’ll either find it romantic, sexy, perhaps even a little kinky, or you’ll hate the style all together. The location is really central. It’s really only suitable for couples, looking to enjoy each other
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites QueenstownHoliday Inn Express & Suites should be named Queenstown’s Ultimate Family Hotel. It has everything a family needs (even a family of 5). It’s nowhere near luxury and it’s not trying to be. But it is nice. Clean and fairly new (2019), so still in good condition. Only a 5 minute walk to the centre of town.
- Reavers LodgeReavers Lodge is the perfect spot for groups of friends on a ski or mountain bike trip. It’s a rack em and stack em type of place where most of the rooms have bunks. It’s really a hard core snowboarders haunt. It’s not close to the centre of town, but it’s great for a long stay on a low budget. They have their own ski and board rental which is super handy. This is some of the most affordable accommodation in Queenstown.
- Oaks Queenstown Club SuitesOaks Queenstown Club Suites is hotel rooms, 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedroom apartments on the lakefront. It’s a really nice 20 minute walk to town or a couple of minutes by car. While it’s a 4 star it really is at the top end of the category. The bathrooms have a more luxurious feel than most others at the price point. Because the offer apartments, it’s great for groups and families but also really good for couples as it’s got a bit of a romantic feel to it.
- Copthorne Hotel & Resort Lakefront QueenstownCopthorne Hotel & Resort Lakefront Queenstown is a lakeside 4 star hotel in Queenstown CBD. It’s a short (5 minute) walk from the centre of town. This is a well maintained property for it’s price, and the rooms are large (about 50% larger than Rydges) It’s a lakeside hotel for less than $200 per couple per night including a buffet breakfast. Perfect for anyone on a budget. Families, couples, groups of friends or conferences.
- Rydges Lakeland Resort QueenstownRydges Lakeland Resort Queenstown is a lakeside 4 star hotel in Queenstown CBD. It’s an easy 10 minute walk from the centre of town. This is a really well located mid price hotel, perfect for families, conferences or couples on a budget. The lake view rooms have fantastic views and there are plenty of them. The furnishing is standard for a 4 star.
- Swiss-Belresort Coronet PeakPerfect for young snowboarders or skiers looking to have fun. It’s cheap and basic. It has everything you need for a ski trip – a bed, a basic small bathroom, and a bar. They also got a bowling alley and it’s without a doubt the best hotel bowling alley in all of Queenstown. This really close to Coronet Peak, so great if you want to make first tracks in the morning. But no so good if you want to pop into town. It’s also great for mountain bikers in summer.
- Queenstown Park Boutique HotelQueenstown Park Boutique Hotel, offers 5 star hotel rooms and a magnificent apartment a 5 minute walk from the centre of town. Some rooms have mountain views. This is a great hotel for couples who want something really nice but are will to sacrifice proximity to the lake for a lower price. The rooms are exceptionally high quality and really well furnished.
- Heartland Hotel QueenstownHeartland Hotel Queenstown is a well located, reasonably priced 3 star hotel. It’s a bit of a hike up the hill from town, but not to far and most people will be fine walking here from town. It’s also a great advertisement for good photography as the rooms look better online than in person, however it’s a budget hotel in a very expensive town and it’s well located so if you want something nice spend more.
- Peppers Beacon QueenstownPeppers Beacon is a great lakeside 4 star Hotel in Queenstown. It’s perfect for couples, families, or groups of friends. They’ve got some really nice 2 bedroom apartment style rooms with kitchens and plenty of living space, as well as smaller 2 bedroom suites and regular hotel rooms. The views are great so make sure you book a lakeview room. Peppers. Stay here if you want lake views on a reasonable budget, or want a well located room and don’t need a restaurant.
- Novotel Queenstown LakesideNovotel Queenstown Lakeside sits smack bang in the middle of Queenstown CBDs waterfront. It’s right on Queenstown Bay Beach. Absolute lakefront in the heart of the CBD, it’s easily the best located 4 star hotel in Queenstown. It’s perfect for families, but also great for couples on a budget and conferences. Novotel is targeted at the upper end of the 4 star market.
- Crowne Plaza QueenstownCrowne Plaza Queenstown is a well located 4 star hotel popular with families, but it is also a popular conference venue. It’s located right in town close to the lake. They’ve got everything you need and nothing you don’t. Crowne Plaza is a good quality 4 star hotel and pretty well priced, rooms are 32 square meters a available with a King size bed or two doubles. Lake view rooms are a little more expensive, they are worth the extra if you’re going to spend time in the hotel. But if you’re out and about all day don’t bother.
- Eichardt’s Private HotelEichardt’s Private Hotel is the most luxurious hotel in Queenstown. Hell it’s one of the most luxurious hotels anywhere in the world. Rooms here typically start from around $1500 per night while the Penthouse is closer to $10,000 a night. It does sleep 4 though. This is the best located hotel in Queenstown. It’s on the lake in the centre of town. The views are absolutely stunning, the rooms are as luxurious as it gets and yet most guests think the best thing is the service you get while you are there.
- The Spire HotelThe Spire Hotel is 5 Star Luxury in the very heart of Queenstown. It’s elegant, tasteful, and fun. Perfect for a romantic weekend getaway. But also great for families (wealthy families at least) as you can get up to 3 interconnecting rooms. Each of the 10 suites is a very generous 60 square meters, the beds are HUGE, and best of all every suite has a fireplace. The rooms are available in city view, garden view or mountain view. Your right in the middle of Queenstown’s fun zone here so there’s plenty to see and do as soon as you walk outside.
- QT QueenstownQT Hotels are known for their fun quirky, but very luxurious design and the 5 star QT Queenstown does not disappoint. The interior is fun, young, and sexy looking. The location isn’t lakefront, but it’s on a hill overlooking the lake so the views are still awesome. Located a short 10 minute walk from Ferg Burger (the heart of Queenstown).
- Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu QueenstownSwiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown is a 5 star serviced apartment hotel. They offer a mix of studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. The one and 2 bedroom apartments are generously sized with full kitchens. The 1 bedroom apartments are 74 square metres and the 2 bedrooms are 104 square metres. The studios are really small at only 21 square metres which is small for a hotel room let alone a studio apartment. The studios also only have a kitchenette, think toaster, microwave, small sink. It’s far from a full kitchen, they do have laundry facilities in room though which is a bonus if you are skiing for a week or two.
- Hilton Queenstown Resort & SpaAs you’d expect from Hilton their Queenstown Resort & Spa is one of the best 5 star hotels in the Queenstown area. It’s right on the lakefront with stunning views from most rooms as well as from the restaurants and shared spaces. Located in Kawarau Village it’s a 12 minute drive to the centre of town. Because it’s located further from the centre of town there’s plenty of room for extras like a heated indoor pool, a large well equipped fitness centre, and the fabulous eforea spa. There’s water taxis that can zip you across the lake to town if you plan on drinking and don’t want to drive.
- Hotel St Moritz Queenstown – MGallery by SofitelHotel St Moritz Queenstown is a very nice 5 star hotel that is located a pleasant 8 minute walk from the centre of Queenstown. You can walk to any of the main attractions in town but it’s a little further than some other hotels. The hotel overlooks the lake and many rooms have sensational views. In addition to the views the interior is decorated to a very high standard. A perfect romantic hotel for couples in Queenstown.
- The Central Private Hotel by Naumi HotelsNot to be confused with Eichardt’s Private Hotel by any means. The Central Private Hotel is in a great location, with incredibly polite and well trained staff. Like all Naumi Hotels it’s very arty and a little bit quirky. Guests here rave about the staff, even guests who are complaining say the staff are amazing. The location is great, a short walk from the centre of town.
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & SpaSofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa is a very luxurious 5 star hotel that is located right in the heart of Queenstown. The location is really central so you can walk to anything in town. The only small knock would be the lack of lake views from most rooms. However it more than makes up for that with the luxurious interior and excellent location. This a great romantic hotel for couples in Queenstown, but also suitable for upmarket families.
- Millennium Hotel QueenstownMillennium Hotel Queenstown is a solid 4 star hotel, perfect for families and conferences. It’s conveniently located a short 7 minute walk from the centre of town. It’s an older hotel, but the rooms are generously sized so if feels nice if not exactly luxurious.
- Hulbert House Luxury Boutique LodgeOriginally built in 1888 this lovingly restored villa has 6 beautifully decorated rooms. Each with its own distinctive decor. The Victorian era style is very romantic, if you’re the Jane Austen type. Conveniently located a 7 minute walk from the centre of Queenstown, and offering lake views, this is a slice of heaven.
See all Hotels in Queenstown