When you really want to pamper yourself or your partner, try one of these great hotels & spas in Queenstown.
Whether you want a romantic couples massage or just need a deep tissue massage after a couple of days hitting the slopes. Perhaps you fancy a facial or are pining for a pedicure? Or just want to be seduced during a soak in a private hot tub. These Queenstown hotels all have great day spas and offer the best massages in Queenstown.
- Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton RoadHoliday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road is the older of the two Holiday Inns in Queenstown. It’s an average 4-star hotel aimed squarely at families. And it’s great for a family holiday – everything here is family friendly from the rooms to the restaurant and everything in between. Located in Frankton Road a 10 minute drive from the centre of Queenstown. It’s also a popular conference venue.
- Stoneridge EstateStoneridge Estate is a winery, 5 star luxury lodge and stunning wedding venue with it’s own chapel. A short 15 minute drive from Queenstown in the Lake Hayes area, it’s got stunning lake views and a very instagramable infinity pool. Most hotels take incredible photos but don’t look quite so good in reality. Stoneridge is the opposite, the lodge really looks better in person than in their promotional photos.
- Millbrook ResortMillbrook Resort in Arrowtown is a 5 Star Resort and Golf Course. It’s the home of the New Zealand open with a total of 27 holes. If golf isn’t your thing it’s still got plenty to offer with a fabulous day spa, swimming pool, 3 outdoor hot pools and great family accommodation option. With everything from a studio apartment to a 4 bedroom free standing house on offer. It’s all very luxurious.
- Blanket BayBlanket Bay is one of the finest small luxury hotels anywhere in the world. You come here to relax and get away from it all, so it’s located well away from from the hustle and bustle of Queenstown at the Glenorchy end of Lake Wakatipu. The views are spectacular and nothing you want is a problem. The service here has to be experienced to be appreciated. Blanket Bay is fit for Royalty.
- Gibbston Valley Lodge and SpaGibbston Valley Lodge and Spa is a luxurious 5 star lodge with a spa and a vineyard. It’s perfect for a romantic couples getaway. The wine is as spectacular as the scenery. The rooms are spacious and luxurious and the food is excellent. Stay here because you love wine, good food and a want to escape from the world for a couple of days.
- Nugget PointNugget Point Hotel and Spa is in a rapidly growing section of Queenstown. It’s well out of the CBD next to the famous Onsen Hot Pools. Nugget Point is at the very top end of 4 star hotels and pretty reasonably priced. Book a riverview room for the best experience. The balconies on the river view rooms are great. Nugget Point is a good place for couples who want to relax and spend a bit of time in and around their hotel. Nugget Point has a sauna, plunge pool, hot tubs, large gym, and squash court for guests to enjoy.
- Matakauri LodgeMatakauri Lodge is located on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, and the views from every room are stunning. There’s no garden view rooms here, everything faces the lake and mountains. Each suite has a private terrace, a stunning bathroom and pretty much every comfort imaginable. Oh and they have a heated infinity pool and hot tub and offer all the spa treatments you’ve come to expect.
- Eichardt’s Private HotelEichardt’s Private Hotel is the most luxurious hotel in Queenstown. Hell it’s one of the most luxurious hotels anywhere in the world. Rooms here typically start from around $1500 per night while the Penthouse is closer to $10,000 a night. It does sleep 4 though. This is the best located hotel in Queenstown. It’s on the lake in the centre of town. The views are absolutely stunning, the rooms are as luxurious as it gets and yet most guests think the best thing is the service you get while you are there.
- The Spire HotelThe Spire Hotel is 5 Star Luxury in the very heart of Queenstown. It’s elegant, tasteful, and fun. Perfect for a romantic weekend getaway. But also great for families (wealthy families at least) as you can get up to 3 interconnecting rooms. Each of the 10 suites is a very generous 60 square meters, the beds are HUGE, and best of all every suite has a fireplace. The rooms are available in city view, garden view or mountain view. Your right in the middle of Queenstown’s fun zone here so there’s plenty to see and do as soon as you walk outside.
- Kamana LakehouseFirst up Kamana Lakehouse is not actually on the lakefront, however it does have excellent views of the lake from both the restaurant and bar, and the 3 amazing hot tubs. It’s a scenic 30 minute walk to Ferg Burger (the centre of Queenstown) from here or a 5 minute drive. It’s a great romantic spot for couples, but it’s also not bad for a family.
- The Rees Hotel & Luxury ApartmentsThe Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments is really at the top end of 5 Star Hotels in Queenstown. It’s lakefront and all rooms have incredible lake and/or mountain views. The apartments are huge and the hotel rooms are very generous as well. Everything at The Rees is done to a really high standard. The service is impeccable, the furnishings are luxurious.
- Hilton Queenstown Resort & SpaAs you’d expect from Hilton their Queenstown Resort & Spa is one of the best 5 star hotels in the Queenstown area. It’s right on the lakefront with stunning views from most rooms as well as from the restaurants and shared spaces. Located in Kawarau Village it’s a 12 minute drive to the centre of town. Because it’s located further from the centre of town there’s plenty of room for extras like a heated indoor pool, a large well equipped fitness centre, and the fabulous eforea spa. There’s water taxis that can zip you across the lake to town if you plan on drinking and don’t want to drive.
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & SpaSofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa is a very luxurious 5 star hotel that is located right in the heart of Queenstown. The location is really central so you can walk to anything in town. The only small knock would be the lack of lake views from most rooms. However it more than makes up for that with the luxurious interior and excellent location. This a great romantic hotel for couples in Queenstown, but also suitable for upmarket families.
- Oakridge Resort Lake WanakaOakridge Resort is a 4-star resort with amazing heated rock pools, as well as a day spa. The 9 pools are warm enough to use all year round. This is a great spot for families, as they have plenty of 2 bedroom apartments with kitchens and laundry facilities. There’s a restaurant on site, and a cafe over the road.
See all Hotels in Queenstown