Queenstown is renowned for its epic scenery. Make the most of the lakeviews with a hotel right on the lakefront.
Lake Wakatipu is simply stunning all year round. It’s a bit cold for swimming with only the bravest souls likely to take a dip, but it sure is pretty to look at. So why not enjoy Queenstown to its fullest by booking a lakeview room with a balcony in one of these incredible lakeside hotels.
- Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown LakeviewCopthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview is an older 4-star hotel in Queenstown near the CBD. It’s a 15 minute walk to Fergburger. The views from this romantic Hotel are simply stunning. Both from the restaurant and from the lakeview rooms. Stay here if you’re looking for a 5 star view on a 4 star budget.
- Oaks Queenstown Shores ResortThe 4-star Oaks Queenstown Shores Resort is a large apartment style hotel on the lakeside. The location offers stunning views, of Lake Wakatipu and the mountains beyond. The hotel offers regular free shuttles into town, or it’s a 30 minute walk. It’s a slightly older 4 star so keep your expectations in check.
- Blanket BayBlanket Bay is one of the finest small luxury hotels anywhere in the world. You come here to relax and get away from it all, so it’s located well away from from the hustle and bustle of Queenstown at the Glenorchy end of Lake Wakatipu. The views are spectacular and nothing you want is a problem. The service here has to be experienced to be appreciated. Blanket Bay is fit for Royalty.
- Oaks Queenstown Club SuitesOaks Queenstown Club Suites is hotel rooms, 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedroom apartments on the lakefront. It’s a really nice 20 minute walk to town or a couple of minutes by car. While it’s a 4 star it really is at the top end of the category. The bathrooms have a more luxurious feel than most others at the price point. Because the offer apartments, it’s great for groups and families but also really good for couples as it’s got a bit of a romantic feel to it.
- Copthorne Hotel & Resort Lakefront QueenstownCopthorne Hotel & Resort Lakefront Queenstown is a lakeside 4 star hotel in Queenstown CBD. It’s a short (5 minute) walk from the centre of town. This is a well maintained property for it’s price, and the rooms are large (about 50% larger than Rydges) It’s a lakeside hotel for less than $200 per couple per night including a buffet breakfast. Perfect for anyone on a budget. Families, couples, groups of friends or conferences.
- Rydges Lakeland Resort QueenstownRydges Lakeland Resort Queenstown is a lakeside 4 star hotel in Queenstown CBD. It’s an easy 10 minute walk from the centre of town. This is a really well located mid price hotel, perfect for families, conferences or couples on a budget. The lake view rooms have fantastic views and there are plenty of them. The furnishing is standard for a 4 star.
- Peppers Beacon QueenstownPeppers Beacon is a great lakeside 4 star Hotel in Queenstown. It’s perfect for couples, families, or groups of friends. They’ve got some really nice 2 bedroom apartment style rooms with kitchens and plenty of living space, as well as smaller 2 bedroom suites and regular hotel rooms. The views are great so make sure you book a lakeview room. Peppers. Stay here if you want lake views on a reasonable budget, or want a well located room and don’t need a restaurant.
- Novotel Queenstown LakesideNovotel Queenstown Lakeside sits smack bang in the middle of Queenstown CBDs waterfront. It’s right on Queenstown Bay Beach. Absolute lakefront in the heart of the CBD, it’s easily the best located 4 star hotel in Queenstown. It’s perfect for families, but also great for couples on a budget and conferences. Novotel is targeted at the upper end of the 4 star market.
- Crowne Plaza QueenstownCrowne Plaza Queenstown is a well located 4 star hotel popular with families, but it is also a popular conference venue. It’s located right in town close to the lake. They’ve got everything you need and nothing you don’t. Crowne Plaza is a good quality 4 star hotel and pretty well priced, rooms are 32 square meters a available with a King size bed or two doubles. Lake view rooms are a little more expensive, they are worth the extra if you’re going to spend time in the hotel. But if you’re out and about all day don’t bother.
- Heritage QueenstownHeritage Queenstown is a large older 4 star hotel, perfect for a middle class family holiday or a group of friends on a ski trip. They’ll let you pack up to 8 people into a 2 bedroom suite which is great for a party of snowboarders, or a family (as long as you’re not in the room next to the party of snowboarders). It’s got a great heated indoor outdoor pool so you can swim year round, and a hot tub. Heritage is a little out of town, it’s a 4 minute drive, or pleasant 20 minute walk away from Ferg Burger (The center of Queenstown).
- Matakauri LodgeMatakauri Lodge is located on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, and the views from every room are stunning. There’s no garden view rooms here, everything faces the lake and mountains. Each suite has a private terrace, a stunning bathroom and pretty much every comfort imaginable. Oh and they have a heated infinity pool and hot tub and offer all the spa treatments you’ve come to expect.
- Eichardt’s Private HotelEichardt’s Private Hotel is the most luxurious hotel in Queenstown. Hell it’s one of the most luxurious hotels anywhere in the world. Rooms here typically start from around $1500 per night while the Penthouse is closer to $10,000 a night. It does sleep 4 though. This is the best located hotel in Queenstown. It’s on the lake in the centre of town. The views are absolutely stunning, the rooms are as luxurious as it gets and yet most guests think the best thing is the service you get while you are there.
- QT QueenstownQT Hotels are known for their fun quirky, but very luxurious design and the 5 star QT Queenstown does not disappoint. The interior is fun, young, and sexy looking. The location isn’t lakefront, but it’s on a hill overlooking the lake so the views are still awesome. Located a short 10 minute walk from Ferg Burger (the heart of Queenstown).
- The Rees Hotel & Luxury ApartmentsThe Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments is really at the top end of 5 Star Hotels in Queenstown. It’s lakefront and all rooms have incredible lake and/or mountain views. The apartments are huge and the hotel rooms are very generous as well. Everything at The Rees is done to a really high standard. The service is impeccable, the furnishings are luxurious.
- Hilton Queenstown Resort & SpaAs you’d expect from Hilton their Queenstown Resort & Spa is one of the best 5 star hotels in the Queenstown area. It’s right on the lakefront with stunning views from most rooms as well as from the restaurants and shared spaces. Located in Kawarau Village it’s a 12 minute drive to the centre of town. Because it’s located further from the centre of town there’s plenty of room for extras like a heated indoor pool, a large well equipped fitness centre, and the fabulous eforea spa. There’s water taxis that can zip you across the lake to town if you plan on drinking and don’t want to drive.
- Hotel St Moritz Queenstown – MGallery by SofitelHotel St Moritz Queenstown is a very nice 5 star hotel that is located a pleasant 8 minute walk from the centre of Queenstown. You can walk to any of the main attractions in town but it’s a little further than some other hotels. The hotel overlooks the lake and many rooms have sensational views. In addition to the views the interior is decorated to a very high standard. A perfect romantic hotel for couples in Queenstown.
See all Hotels in Queenstown