Queenstown is the perfect destination for a luxury holiday.
There is so much five star accommodation in Queenstown. We’ve sorted through them all and can say without a doubt these are the best 5 Star Hotels and Lodges in the Queenstown region. So grab your friends, your family, or someone you love and experience all the sights of Queenstown.
- Stoneridge EstateStoneridge Estate is a winery, 5 star luxury lodge and stunning wedding venue with it’s own chapel. A short 15 minute drive from Queenstown in the Lake Hayes area, it’s got stunning lake views and a very instagramable infinity pool. Most hotels take incredible photos but don’t look quite so good in reality. Stoneridge is the opposite, the lodge really looks better in person than in their promotional photos.
- Millbrook ResortMillbrook Resort in Arrowtown is a 5 Star Resort and Golf Course. It’s the home of the New Zealand open with a total of 27 holes. If golf isn’t your thing it’s still got plenty to offer with a fabulous day spa, swimming pool, 3 outdoor hot pools and great family accommodation option. With everything from a studio apartment to a 4 bedroom free standing house on offer. It’s all very luxurious.
- Mahu WhenuaMahu Whenua used to be Shania Twain’s house, but it’s now a super luxury lodge ready for you to enjoy. Located in the high country 20 minutes drive from Wanaka. The location is secluded and private with stunning scenery. This homestead/lodge is everything you could hope for and more. With a luxurious but homely feel this has to be the most welcoming down to earth lodge that’s somehow still fit for a billionaire.
- Minaret Station Alpine LodgeMinaret Station is where you want to be when the apocalypse happens. It’s a super luxury lodge that’s only accessible by helicopter. This really helps keep out the riff raff as it literally costs thousands of dollars just to get there. If you blink at the cost of the helicopter you can’t afford the lodge. Presuming you can afford it this place is another world, frankly a better world. This truly is one of the most secluded luxury lodges anywhere in the world.
- Azur LodgeAzur Lodge consists of 9 beautiful individual 1 bedroom villas. Offering privacy and seclusion with magnificent views of Lake Wakatipu and the mountains. This is a perfect romantic spot for couples, so leave the kids at home. The king size beds enjoy magnificent views, so do the bath tubs. You will not want to leave.
- Blanket BayBlanket Bay is one of the finest small luxury hotels anywhere in the world. You come here to relax and get away from it all, so it’s located well away from from the hustle and bustle of Queenstown at the Glenorchy end of Lake Wakatipu. The views are spectacular and nothing you want is a problem. The service here has to be experienced to be appreciated. Blanket Bay is fit for Royalty.
- The LindisThe Lindis is a super luxury lodge like no other. It is rated in the top 5 lodges in the world. TA stay at The Lindis is an experience you’ll remember for a lifetime. Come here to relax, fly fish, horse trek, hike, and experience the southern skies without any light pollution. Or just to revel in a level of luxury that has to be seen to be believed. Getting here is an adventure in itself; it’s an incredible 2.5-hour scenic drive from Queenstown. (Or you can take a helicopter). Everything here is world-class, from the food and wine to the architecture and furnishings. The scenery is fucking incredible. You have to see it to believe it.
- Gibbston Valley Lodge and SpaGibbston Valley Lodge and Spa is a luxurious 5 star lodge with a spa and a vineyard. It’s perfect for a romantic couples getaway. The wine is as spectacular as the scenery. The rooms are spacious and luxurious and the food is excellent. Stay here because you love wine, good food and a want to escape from the world for a couple of days.
- Queenstown Park Boutique HotelQueenstown Park Boutique Hotel, offers 5 star hotel rooms and a magnificent apartment a 5 minute walk from the centre of town. Some rooms have mountain views. This is a great hotel for couples who want something really nice but are will to sacrifice proximity to the lake for a lower price. The rooms are exceptionally high quality and really well furnished.
- Matakauri LodgeMatakauri Lodge is located on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, and the views from every room are stunning. There’s no garden view rooms here, everything faces the lake and mountains. Each suite has a private terrace, a stunning bathroom and pretty much every comfort imaginable. Oh and they have a heated infinity pool and hot tub and offer all the spa treatments you’ve come to expect.
- Eichardt’s Private HotelEichardt’s Private Hotel is the most luxurious hotel in Queenstown. Hell it’s one of the most luxurious hotels anywhere in the world. Rooms here typically start from around $1500 per night while the Penthouse is closer to $10,000 a night. It does sleep 4 though. This is the best located hotel in Queenstown. It’s on the lake in the centre of town. The views are absolutely stunning, the rooms are as luxurious as it gets and yet most guests think the best thing is the service you get while you are there.
- The Spire HotelThe Spire Hotel is 5 Star Luxury in the very heart of Queenstown. It’s elegant, tasteful, and fun. Perfect for a romantic weekend getaway. But also great for families (wealthy families at least) as you can get up to 3 interconnecting rooms. Each of the 10 suites is a very generous 60 square meters, the beds are HUGE, and best of all every suite has a fireplace. The rooms are available in city view, garden view or mountain view. Your right in the middle of Queenstown’s fun zone here so there’s plenty to see and do as soon as you walk outside.
- Kamana LakehouseFirst up Kamana Lakehouse is not actually on the lakefront, however it does have excellent views of the lake from both the restaurant and bar, and the 3 amazing hot tubs. It’s a scenic 30 minute walk to Ferg Burger (the centre of Queenstown) from here or a 5 minute drive. It’s a great romantic spot for couples, but it’s also not bad for a family.
- QT QueenstownQT Hotels are known for their fun quirky, but very luxurious design and the 5 star QT Queenstown does not disappoint. The interior is fun, young, and sexy looking. The location isn’t lakefront, but it’s on a hill overlooking the lake so the views are still awesome. Located a short 10 minute walk from Ferg Burger (the heart of Queenstown).
- The Rees Hotel & Luxury ApartmentsThe Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments is really at the top end of 5 Star Hotels in Queenstown. It’s lakefront and all rooms have incredible lake and/or mountain views. The apartments are huge and the hotel rooms are very generous as well. Everything at The Rees is done to a really high standard. The service is impeccable, the furnishings are luxurious.
- Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu QueenstownSwiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown is a 5 star serviced apartment hotel. They offer a mix of studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. The one and 2 bedroom apartments are generously sized with full kitchens. The 1 bedroom apartments are 74 square metres and the 2 bedrooms are 104 square metres. The studios are really small at only 21 square metres which is small for a hotel room let alone a studio apartment. The studios also only have a kitchenette, think toaster, microwave, small sink. It’s far from a full kitchen, they do have laundry facilities in room though which is a bonus if you are skiing for a week or two.
- Hilton Queenstown Resort & SpaAs you’d expect from Hilton their Queenstown Resort & Spa is one of the best 5 star hotels in the Queenstown area. It’s right on the lakefront with stunning views from most rooms as well as from the restaurants and shared spaces. Located in Kawarau Village it’s a 12 minute drive to the centre of town. Because it’s located further from the centre of town there’s plenty of room for extras like a heated indoor pool, a large well equipped fitness centre, and the fabulous eforea spa. There’s water taxis that can zip you across the lake to town if you plan on drinking and don’t want to drive.
- Hotel St Moritz Queenstown – MGallery by SofitelHotel St Moritz Queenstown is a very nice 5 star hotel that is located a pleasant 8 minute walk from the centre of Queenstown. You can walk to any of the main attractions in town but it’s a little further than some other hotels. The hotel overlooks the lake and many rooms have sensational views. In addition to the views the interior is decorated to a very high standard. A perfect romantic hotel for couples in Queenstown.
- The Central Private Hotel by Naumi HotelsNot to be confused with Eichardt’s Private Hotel by any means. The Central Private Hotel is in a great location, with incredibly polite and well trained staff. Like all Naumi Hotels it’s very arty and a little bit quirky. Guests here rave about the staff, even guests who are complaining say the staff are amazing. The location is great, a short walk from the centre of town.
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & SpaSofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa is a very luxurious 5 star hotel that is located right in the heart of Queenstown. The location is really central so you can walk to anything in town. The only small knock would be the lack of lake views from most rooms. However it more than makes up for that with the luxurious interior and excellent location. This a great romantic hotel for couples in Queenstown, but also suitable for upmarket families.
- Hulbert House Luxury Boutique LodgeOriginally built in 1888 this lovingly restored villa has 6 beautifully decorated rooms. Each with its own distinctive decor. The Victorian era style is very romantic, if you’re the Jane Austen type. Conveniently located a 7 minute walk from the centre of Queenstown, and offering lake views, this is a slice of heaven.
See all Hotels in Queenstown