Queenstown is the best place in the Southern Hemisphere to go skiing.
For visitors from the northern hemisphere – ski season in Queenstown runs from June to October. It’s winter down here when it’s summer in the northern hemisphere. Queenstown is a proper mountain town in New Zealand’s Southern Alps. There’s 4 large commercial Ski fields within an easy drive of Queenstown, and some amazing heli skiing/boarding too. With colder conditions than ski fields in the North Island the snow is drier and with 4 ski fields to choose from you can chase the powder wherever it may be.
Ski Fields in Queenstown
- Treble Cone700m Vertical Drop 2 Chair Lifts 1 Platter Lift 1 Conveyor Lifts 550 Hectares
- Cardrona600m Vertical Drop 1 Gondola 4 Chair Lifts 1 Platter Lift 3 Conveyor Lifts 400 Hectares
- The Remarkables468m Vertical Drop 4 Chair Lifts 4 Conveyor Lifts 385 Hectares
- Coronet Peak462m Vertical Drop 3 Chair Lifts 4 Surface Lifts 280 Hectares
Heli-skiing in Queenstown
- Alpine Heliski8 Mountain Ranges – Over 400 Runs – 1000’s of Hectares
- Southern Lakes Heli Ski17 Mountain Ranges – Over 800 Runs – Largest Terrain Area
- Harris Mountains Heli-Ski11 Mountain Ranges – Over 200 Peaks – 3000 square kilometres
Cat-Skiing in Queenstown
- Soho Basin500m Vertical Fall – 730 hectares – 1 Luxury Snowcat
Cross Country Skiing
- Snow Farm55 kms of Trails – 3 Backcountry Huts – Snowshoeing – Cross Country Skiing – Dog Sledding